Job Opening for Fixed-Term Full-time Researcher of the HIJAS2019/03/11
Job Opening for Fixed-Term Full-time Researcher of the HIJAS
The Hosei University Research Center for International Japanese Studies would like to invite applications, following the below procedure, for the post of Fixed-Term Full-time Researcher.
Please could this information be passed on to anyone who may be interested.
- Job title: Hosei University Research Center for International Japanese Studies Fixed-Term Full-time Researcher (Fixed-Term Professor, Fixed-Term Associate Professor, Fixed-Term Lecturer).
- Affiliation: Hosei University Research Center for International Japanese Studies.
- Fixed Term: THREE years (applications for the post of full-time researcher may be invited again once the fixed term has finished).
- Number admitted: ONE person.
- Proposed start date: 1st April 2020.
- Field of specialty: Humanities or Social Sciences centering on International Japanese Studies.
- Outline of duties: the Research Center’s main duties of investigation, research and teaching (Hosei University Graduate School of Humanities International Japanese Studies Institute seminars and lectures etc. for at least one lesson period for full year), curation and public display of material in the collection, editing work for periodical publications etc., planning and organizing events offered by the Research Center (public workshops, symposiums etc.), contact on research matters with overseas institutions etc. (including occasions in English).
- Place of work: Hosei University Ichigaya Campus (Kudan kita 3-2-3, Chiyoda-ku etc.).
- Qualification requirements: (1) Doctoral degree held in an applicable field, or an equivalent research achievement made; in possession of wide learning and high-level approach to research that traverses academic fields. (2) Having a good understanding of the philosophy, activities and operation of the Research Center, accompanied by ability and enthusiasm that would make a positive contribution. (3) Nationality is of no matter, but must be able to carry out work tasks in Japanese without difficulty. Must also be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Application documents: (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resumé (see * below). (2) List of research publications (see * below). (3) 3 examples of research publications (including at least 1 example in either Japanese or English) along with outlines of their content (each of around 400 Japanese characters). Research publications permitted in either photocopied or electronic format e.g. PDF. Also, provide outlines (in Japanese within 1 A4 sheet) of any collaborative research projects undertaken chiefly in English. (4) Proof of degrees or proof of completion of latest academic course. (5) Aspirations for future work centering on international Japanese studies following this post (research, collaborative research projects, graduate school education; 1-2 sheets of A4 written horizontally).* (1) and (2) above to use the format stipulated by the university. The required format can be downloaded from http://www.hosei.ac.jp/saiyo/index.html#toc02 : “任期付専任所員募集（国際日本学研究所）”.
- Application deadline: Friday, 31st May 2019. Postmarks on this day will be accepted.
- How to apply and where to submit documents: “Application Documents Enclosed for Post of Fixed Term Full-time Researcher” to be written in red on the envelope which is to be sent using receipted mailing method, e.g. recorded delivery or EMS, to the following address: To Staff in Charge of Applications for Post of Fixed Term Full-time Researcher, Hosei University Research Center for International Japanese Studies, Fujimi 2-17-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8160, Japan.
- Selection process: the selection will be made through a first screening of submitted documents, and a second screening involving interviews etc. Travel expenses for the second screening will be provided for a one-way journey only. Those who have been successful in the first screening will be contacted in August at the latest.* As a general rule, submitted documents (including copies of research publications) will not be returned. Any personal information submitted will only be used in the selection process.
- Benefits: (1) Salary and position etc. in accordance with university procedure. (2) Allowances: summer and winter allowances and redundancy pay are not provided. Commuting expenses are provided according to university regulations. Research expenses (support for conference attendance and connected travel expenses, individual’s research expenses etc.) are provided according to university regulations. (3) Other: admission to health insurance, long-term care insurance, employment insurance and employees’ pension insurance is as stipulated by the law. It is not possible to enter the pension system of Hosei University.
- Contact: Hosei University Research Center for International Japanese Studies, Fujimi 2-17-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8160, Japan. Tel: 03-3264-9682. E-mail: email@example.com
- Important Notice: This is a summary of the official text which is in Japanese. Please check with the Japanese text before you make an application.