Instructions for using HIJAS Archival Room
How to Use HIJAS Archives
- Please fill in the user’s list.
- To view the archival materials, please use the tables in the archival room.
- Please take extra care while using the books and archival materials.
- Books and archival materials are not available for lending out.
- You are only allowed to use pencils inside the archival room.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking inside the archival room is strongly prohibited.
Using Microfiche and Microfilm
- There are different instructions for using microfiche and microfilm machines. If you are unsure how to use them, please ask our staff member.
- Please take extra care while viewing microfiche and microfilm materials.
Copies and Other Instructions
- You can make a copy if it is only a part of the archival materials (you may not allow to copy entire material). To make a copy, please inform our staff and use the copy counter. Monochrome copies cost 10 JPY per page, and color copies cost 40 JPY per page. Payment must be made in cash.
- Printing microfiche or microfilm costs 10 JPY per page. Payment must be made in cash.
- Please refer to the guideline for viewing rare and valuable materials.
- The HIJAS library is open on weekdays from Monday to Friday (except for public holidays).
- The HIJAS library is closed during the university winter holiday break (late December to early January) and the entrance exam period (early to mid-February). Also, opening days will be limited during the summer semester break (August to mid-September).
- Opening hours: 9:30 – 16:30 (except for 11:30 – 12:30).
- The HIJAS library may be closed from time to time (for arrangements). If you wish to visit, please make a reservation in advance.