- Anyone can use books and reference materials.
- In principal, people who are not authorized by Hosei University must have a letter of introduction to use books and reference materials. Students should submit a letter of introduction from their academic advisor (or the person/institute who serves as their advisor). Non-students should submit a letter of introduction from a researcher or public institution (library, etc.).
- Those who wish to use books and reference materials should submit their preferred time and date in advance.
How to Use Books and Reference Materials
- Enter your information in the list of users.
- To view materials, please use the tables located within the facility.
- Please take care when using books and reference materials.
- Books and reference materials cannot be checked out.
- Writing instruments other than pencils are prohibited.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking within the facilities is also prohibited.
Using Microfiche and Microfilm
- Different methods of usage apply to the machines used to view materials stored on microfiche or microfilm. If you are unsure how to use them, please ask a staff member.
- Please take care when using the microfiche or microfilm materials.
- Partial copies can be made of books and reference materials. Please use the copy counter to make copies. Inform a staff member if you would like to make copies. Monochrome copies are 10/page, and color copies are 40/page. Payment must be made in cash.
- Printing microfiche or microfilm is 10/page. Payment must be made in cash.
- Information about handling rare or valuable materials is outlined separately.
- Books and materials can be used from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- As a rule, books and materials cannot be used during Hosei University’s winter break (late December ? early January) and during the entrance exam period (early to mid-February). Books and materials are only available on certain days during the summer break (August ? mid-September).
- Hours: 9:30 ? 16:30. Closed from 11:30 ? 12:30.
- The facilities may be closed at times for processing and organization, so please make sure to contact us ahead of time if you wish to use them.